Disgusting, but I looked it up and it is from a fox, most likely. We've seen him or her in the yard at night, caught in a bright light, and this is not the first scat we've seen on the driveway.
I changed the photo from color to black and white.
According to one source, Inky, well past kittenhood, is too big to be in much danger, but we're glad he has a secure hut now, with an entrance small enough an adult fox could only stick in a nose, to be confronted with Inky's sharp claws and teeth.
7 comments:
Jean, once again, I cannot comment on your blogs, except this one. It has something to do with the fact that on your others, you have to click on "an identity", whereas here, I am already shown as a google account.
Hi Jean
We have coyotes in our area sometimes, but luckily they`ve stayed away.
Glad I was of some help with the couch cover :)Thanks for visiting!
tea
xo
I remember when we came home from vacation last year and found the foxes had moved in. There was scat in neat little piles all over the garden,
just saw your 50 something post and started cheering! lol
that looks like what we find on our porch. We have foxes in our backwoods and have seen a coyote that actually growled at our neighbor. We don't kill all of the skinks, we just have so many of them and they hang out on our front porch.
Jean I have seen a couple of Foxes at my favorite park on Belle Island and have heard Coyote yelling some where in the distance as they pass through my city.
But never have had a fox come through here.
I find it exciting to actual be that close to wild life.
A few years back we saw a silver fox drinking out of the pond in our rock garden, but haven't seen it since. I think there's too many people around.
Last year I saw a sable fox sitting on the edge of the road by a field, eating some small rodent it had caught. It was lovely and as I pulled my car over, it didn't run off, but just sat there watching and eating. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera. Now it's in the car all the time.
You have a lovely blog!
Cindee
Post a Comment